Sixth Form (Year 12 - 13)
GEMS Metropole Sixth Form - Year 12 and Year 13
GEMS Metropole Sixth Form offers personalised pathways available to students, which include GCSE in core subjects, AS and A Levels, and International A Levels.
AS & A Level
- A levels have been described as the ‘gold standard’ of post-16 examinations and they are accepted as an entry qualification into all the best universities around the world.
- A levels are particularly well suited to students who have particular strengths in 2 or 3 areas of the curriculum and wish to study them further in greater depth.
- The A level is examined at the end of Year 13. The AS level is a standalone qualification taken at the end of Year 12 and cannot be counted towards the A level. Assessment is 100% examination at the end of Year 13.
International AS & A Level
- International A levels are also recognized by all the top universities worldwide.
- International A levels are similar to A levels but they have a more flexible, modular structure than A level and the syllabus content is designed to have greater international relevance.
- Unlike AS level, international AS level modules can be retaken to try to improve a student’s score. The AS is half the content of the A level and counts towards the final A level result. It is taken at the end of Year 12. Assessment is 100% examination.
Our Post-16 Phase is being developed with the following core principles:
- To ensure we are able to offer accessible courses for our students’ abilities and passions, and provide qualifications which will help them access Higher Education Institutions and the workplace.
- To build independent, responsible and resilient citizens by giving our students greater autonomy. Sixth Form students will receive the opportunity of greater freedom to help transition them into the independent life at university, as well as further leadership opportunities as student leaders of Metropole.
- To provide students with opportunities to enhance their studies by developing skills beyond the classroom, giving them opportunities to develop social responsibility as well as to contribute to the community in which we are situated.